Monday, February 24, 2020

Change of plans

During the first semester, I was keen on being alone for my portfolio project. Being an individual allowed for my ideas to be freely worked on alone without anyone interrupting my style of thinking. As the second semester came along, I have realized that my technique would be positively assisted if I had another mind working with me. My partner and I would be able to bounce ideas back and forth which would result in a final pitch that my partner and I would both agree on which would make a great film opening.

That being said, researching dramedies would still be beneficial for our portfolio as we decided to create a project that is that particular genre. A teen drama is what we are going to create.

Teen dramedies rely on teenagers dealing with relationships such as their friends and families. These certain situations that the young characters go through allow for a certain type of comedy to play through as their problems don't typically be considered as real-world problems.

                                                           Image result for breakfast club
                                                           The Breakfast Club (1985)
The Breakfast Club is a perfect representation of a teen dramedy as the plot introduces five completely different characters who try to pass time in detention in their highschool.

Even though teen dramedies tend to have plots that seem as if the problems presented wouldn't affect the character's actual life, me and my partner Alessandro would like to include elements to our film as if it had both adolescent problems and real-world situations because we'd like to represent a teen's life as if it were real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment